Ingredients for cupcake recipe
• 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 1 1/3 cups sugar
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup shortening
• 1 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 large eggs
Easy Cupcake Recipe Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners if desired.
2) Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3) Add shortening, milk, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
Scrape side of bowl with a spatula. Add eggs to the mixture. Beat for
about 1 minute on medium speed. Beat on high speed for 1 minute 30
seconds until well mixed.
5) Spoon cupcake batter into cupcake tins or paper liners until 1/2 to 2/3 full.
6) Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7) Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
8) Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with your favorite frosting recipe or decorate for your theme party.
Art of Cake Decorating: Book
Cake Decorating Videos
Go to Party Food
Return Home from Cupcake Recipe