CANDYLAND CAKE: CUPCAKES
Try these great cupcakes instead of a Candyland cake if you are short on time.
Easy to make and fun to eat, what could be a sweeter cupcake theme than Candyland?
are so many possibilities that we not only give you step by step
instructions on some of our favorite tried and true Candyland cupcakes,
we give you some ideas to spark your own imagination as well.
An Easy Idea
1) Make cupcake batter (chocolate is our pick) and pour into red, white or assorted bold colored cupcake liners.
2) Bake according to directions and top with white frosting like our
3) Crush peppermints and sprinkle pieces on top of each then top with a whole peppermint or a small peppermint candy cane.
Ice Cream Cone Cup Cakes
1 box of cake mix
30-35 ice cream cones with flat bottoms
assorted candies and sprinkles
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix batter as directed and fill cones half full of batter then stand cones in muffin pan.
3) Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool then frost.
4) Add candies and sprinkles as desired.
Use a Toy or Cool Candy
can also opt to bake the cupcakes in the flavor of your choice and top
with frosting then place a Candyland toy, like bouncing balls or
Candyland blow outs work well too. Novelty candies are a fun and easy topper as well.
Create Their Own
really fun idea is to bake and frost cupcakes and set up a cupcake bar
where the children can create their own from toppings like sugar
sprinkles, gummy candies, gum drops, gum balls, skittles, M&Ms,
Reeses pieces, red hots and assorted flavors of lollypops.
you want to customize a cupcake, just take a look at the Candyland
board. If you are looking for a special candy you can't find, like the candy you ate as a kid, check out OldTimeCandy.com. Rainbow Bridge cupcakes can be made from a cake mix with
rainbow chips and topped with rainbow sprinkleson the frosting.
Nut cupcakes can be created by topping a cupcake with chocolate
frosting with peanuts on top.
If you really want to go all out, check out these personalized M&Ms. You can order them with a photo imprint, your birthday child's name or simply a "Happy Birthday" greeting on them. I have personally used these and they are
awesome to place on top of a frosted cupcake.
The possibilities are endless!